Photo: "Angels"

The St. Mary's Convent in Peekskill, NY was constructed as a training place for new sisters and a haven for elderly, ailing sisters. It contained a small chapel inside the 1876 Abbey, shown here, as well as a secondary larger chapel built in 1896 of quarried stone adjacent to the Abbey building. 

Photo: "Summer Sun"

The sun porch at the St. Mary's School Abbey faced the Hudson river and gave a great view of the surrounding landscape. The building was constructed in 1876 and remained in use for over 100 years. The building was vacated in 2003 when the Sisters relocated to Greenwich, New York.