Photo: "Through 1921 Eyes"


When Middletown State Homeopathic Hospital accepted its first patients in April 1874, they opened the doors to both male and female patients though the original plan was to treat only males. 

The original administration building experienced an attic fire in 1921 and though the patients were safely removed and records preserved, the building was basically destroyed. One portion of the original wings was salvaged, shown here, but the porches and ornamental architecture was removed.