Construction on Building 2 of the Mont Alto Sanatorium in Pennsylvania began in 1938. The four story building was constructed as a children's preventorium. The first floor was designated for boys, while the second floor was for girls. The two upper floors, over the main building and not extending over the wings, seem to have been for staff use. The building featured two wings jetting off from the main building and once contained two indoor pools, a library, classrooms, an excercise room, an auditorium and a number of patient rooms.