Nurse quarters at Fairfield Hills State Hospital.
This former psychiatric hospital in Connecticut, received its first patient in 1933 from the nearby Connecticut Valley State Hospital. When the hospital opened, there were only 500 patients and 3 doctors, but by the 1960's, Fairfield was home to 4,000 patients, 20 doctors and 50 nurses, who were living in these nurses quarters. Treatments included hydrotherapy, insulin in shock therapy, patient seclusion, electric shock therapy and frontal lobotomy. A number of accounts of patient cruelty were reported while the hospital was in operation. In 1995 when the hospital closed patients were transfered back to Connecticut Valley Hospital.